Australasian Plant Breeding Conference 2022
Several members of the CBAD-SPI team presented at the APBC on the Gold Coast in May 2022. Below is a collection of the slides they presented:
- Alison Smith: Selection in the presence of variety by environment interaction: using factor analytic linear mixed models to define interaction classes.
- Chris Lisle: A new diagnostic to assess information for variance parameter estimation in Multi-Environment Trials.
- David Hughes: On the use of factor analysis and iClasses to assess variety by environment interactions in falling number across Australia.
- Aidan McGarty: Model based design of QTL, GP and GWAS phenotyping experiments using genetic relatedness.
18th Meeting of the EUCARPIA Section Biometrics in Plant Breeding
Several members of the CBAD-SPI team presented at the 18th meeting of the Eucarpia Biometrics conference at the Paris-Saclay University Campus, France in September 2022. Below is a collection of the slides they presented:
- Beverley Gogel: Empirical comparison of times series models and tensor product penalised splines for modelling spatial dependence in plant breeding field trials.
- Lu Wang: Design of a CIMMYT Australian ICARDA Germplasm Evaluation (CAIGE) experiment using an Incomplete multi-environment trial (IMET) design approach incorporating genetic relatedness.
Australasian Applied Statistics Conference 2022
Several members of the CBAD-SPI team presented at the AASC in Inverloch, Victoria, 2022. Below is a collection of the slides they presented:
- Lu Wang: Multi-phase design and analysis using a single step multi-experiment approach with factor analytic models to improve accuracy of late maturity α-amylase classification in wheat
- Monique Jordan: Spatial Models for Colocated Trials